Chatting with my friend Kathy this week I was telling her about the private Chess and French lessons I’m investing in at the moment. It made me look back and realise something I hadn’t paid much attention to and that is…
When I want to get better at something I’ve started to learn, I invest in private tutoring/mentoring to:
- accelerate progress and learning
- see mistakes and correct them
- describe best practices and
- keep me accountable!
In all cases of anything I’ve wanted to do and really enjoy it’s exactly what I’ve done – and interestingly, in all cases it 100% works. Over the years I’ve had private lessons for:
- Maths (at school!)
- and who know what else I’ll want to learn…
When I wanted to take my business online 10 years ago I invested to become part of a private mentoring group in the USA and – much to my husband’s horror – invested in working with the mentor herself (had to take a bank loan to do that…)
Joel (my Chess teacher) and I are analysing a game I played recently and he’s giving me the smarter, County-champion’s view of what I could do next time… I have to have a lie down afterwards as it’s so intense but is making such a difference. The investment in ££s is small compared to the fun and progress I make.
This isn’t to impress you in any way . It’s to encourage you and – if you need it – give you permission to look at what you want to do differently, better, strategically, and see who can support you and hold you accountable to yourself to accelerate and enjoy the ride, more.
It’s easy to look around and see people racing ahead on what they’re learning or developing – especially at work – and you often find (peeping behind their curtain) they’ve had help, training, targeted support, a mentor, someone to save them time and energy.
So , with this as a backdrop, I want to invite you to give yourself the gift of some time, space and guidance and join me at my Brand New Virtual Event – Friday 17th September…in 3 weeks.
Be More Self-ish. A day to focus on your own self-care – energy, career development, nutrition, sleep, boundaries and MUCH more. All the things that have had to take a backseat as you focussed on others over this intense 18 months we’ve just experienced.
You can find all the details and see if or how it works for you to be with us here – all from the comfort of your own home/work office.
- Take a spot-check on where you are now with your Wheel of Well-Being agenda
- Create a Self-Care Manifesto so you can commit to yourself how you want to look after YOU
- Learn with and from other corporate career women who’ve struggled, made changes and hear their lessons
- Hear me and my brilliant speakers sharing their magic about Energy & Resilience; Nutrition For Focus; Sleep Well & What to Avoid; Purposeful Career Moves Now
- Discover easy and effective ways to reboot your career focus
- Take a day for yourself – “A Spa Day for The Soul” as it’s been described to reconnect with how you care for yourself
- Boost your energy, focus and self-confidence as we head into Q4 of 2021
You know from reading my little eZine each week, I don’t do ‘fluffy’ but I do offer practical, tactical and truly relevant information, ideas and insights for corporate career women.
Shall we invest time and have a day together focussing, guiding and boosting your commitment to yourself ? All from the comfort and privacy of your own home office…
You can’t keep filling from an empty cup…
In other news…
I went to the Banksy Exhibition in London with my sis and niece this week. His art is definitely edgy and the fact that no one really knows who he is makes it all the more intriguing…